Sunday, May 25, 2008

Homesickness and my home

As I told y'all on my last blog I went to the capital city of Senegal, Dakar, to hang out with a friend and spend some of my vacation days. It was really fun and a nice time that I had in Dakar. The thing that I enjoyed the most had to be the food. Since the city is a little more developed I was able to eat some food that I can’t find in Kolda. The pizza, bacon, huge hamburgers, and even apples gave me a huge smile. But over this trip I learned a lot about myself. It’s hard to explain why but I had many experiences that let me know I’m where I'm supposed to be right now. First example would have to be how I got to Dakar. I took a set-plas (that’s seven people in French, 7 people one driver). I drove for 12 hours in a station wagon and I was hump seat in the back row, and for some reason that didn’t bother me??? Also the other big thing that surprised me was that I got home sick. Three months ago I had some of the same feelings about the things that were missing. I was missing speaking Pulaar, sitting under the shade tree and talking, and yes I was even missing the heat. I don’t know why but all I can pull from it is that I’m in the right place. If you would have told me two years ago I that I would be homesick from a small town in West Africa I wouldn’t have believed you, I might not have even believed it 3 months ago.
Now that I have internet at my house I’m able to spend a little more time uploading pictures and stuff like that and I thought that this blog would be a great time to show y'all a few pictures of my house. So….here you go, my home in West Africa











Here is a view from my front door. It’s also where I play soccer right out in the middle of the street. The big tree in the background is the one that I sit under and hang out with the Sheriff.











This is my kitchen I don’t use it a lot, but I do
cook in it!!!








This is my bed room, perty simple. Got a bed, dresser and that door in the back it to my bathroom.



















And this is my living room. I got some nice couches and as you can see it is where I have my computer. I also use it as my desk. I have a guest room and another room that you are welcome to come visit anytime. I store my bike, washing machine, and my drying rack in them but when you've seen one room, you've seen the others. Thanks for taking the time to look at my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you are not living in a tent! I'm glad that you were able to see that you are at the place where God wants you to be! That has to be an amazing feeling!

I'll keep praying for you...