Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!!

I thought I would share about my Thanksgiving experience. Thanksgiving might just be an American holiday, but I'm sure glad that I got to celebrate it. And my stomach is really happy too!!!!! For Thanksgiving, me and the other two journeymen down in Kolda, Michelle and Kimberly, took a 12 hour drive up to Dakar, the capital city of Senegal and we were able to celebrate with some of the other missionaries here in Senegal. We got there a little early and now we're in a conference for some of us "newbies" on the feild. The first picture is one of me and a couple that has been really good friends of mine. Since they live in Dakar we don't get to hangout too much but as you can see we're happy and our plates are empty!!!!
















Just like Thanksgiving back in America, after we stuff our faces with food we hang out and spend time with the people that we love. Here is a picture of us playing some cards and we even got some football playing in the background .



Although I miss my family and I would have loved to spend Thanksgiving with them, I can still feel your prayers and I know that I'm loved. And to tell you the truth the one thing that I'm most thankful for is my family and friends that pray for me. I may not be in America but I know that I'm still in the hearts and prayers of many of you. Thank You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of Course you are!!!!! Love ya buddy! Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I need your Address Please! Email me!