Saturday, January 17, 2009

Do you know what Europeans do?

I’ve had some perty crazy days over the past 2 weeks but I have loved every minute of it. Over the past two weeks we have had a volunteer team of 4 people. And one of the four happened to be my father!!! It’s been a blast letting him see some of those many things that I have never been able to describe with words or even with help of pictures. He got to experience real African hospitality, and now he understands when I say that I have tons of free time but I’m always busy. Also this past week I was able to do one of the most exciting things that I’ve probably done since I’ve came here to Africa, I was able to go on a research trip with my father. We went to a town about 150 or some kilometers to the northeast to do some basic research so that we can share that information with people like you interested in coming over to help and work alongside the Fulakunda. I went in to one of the hotels in the area and I saw some Europeans sitting down doing what Europeans do and I realized something. There tons of people that pay good money to come over here just to see some of the sights of West Africa…and it’s my job!!!!

I’ve always been a little bit hesitant about my work coming up, because of the massive job that’s before me. By going on this first trip and also being able to see things through my fathers’ eyes. I realized that probably have one of the coolest jobs in the world. I still got tons of work, and I know it’s going to be tuff. But now I look at this “work” a little differently. It’s still going to be hard for me to not be overwhelmed by the gynormus area of land in which I will do my research. But now, I am excited to and able to think about not just the research that needs to be done but to be able to focus more on the “real work.” Please pray that I continue to remember these things. That when I’m on my research trips, that I keep in mind the job of the demographic and geography of the Fulakunda and the 5 countries in which they located in but that I’m focused more on the hearts of the Fulakunda and the “real job” getting the Gospel to them.

I will soon tell more about the adventures that I had with my father and many of the other exciting things that he got to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you. I can't wait to hear all the details of the trip. We keep checking Skype, but I guess you guys are pretty busy...