Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MOMADOU


Inda am ko Momadou. (translation: My name is Momadou). That was the name given to me when I was visiting Erik. If you haven’t figured it out yet, this is Erik’s father as a guest blogger. I had the privilege of spending fourteen days in Senegal with Erik. It was undoubtedly the most fascinating and rewarding fourteen days of my life. The people of Senegal are very generous, gracious, gregarious, and loving. I always felt very welcomed and honored to be there.
It was the first time in over a year that I got to hug Erik. For those of you who are wondering Erik is doing amazingly well. He is a little skinny but very happy and healthy. He has assimilated into the culture and is real close to passing his final language (Pulaar) test. Once he passes the test, he will be pretty much be on his own to do his work.
What is his work? Erik’s job consists of researching and journaling the different areas (five countries) where the people speak Pulaar. His research will include things like. Are there any believers in the area? Are the people receptive to hearing the good news? What types of accommodations (hotel, food, supplies, transportation, etc.) are there in the area for those who would like to come and help? I actually got to go on Erik’s first research trip. It was amazing to see how grown and mature he is in this environment. It made mi well tima (me very happy).
How can you help? Of course Erik would want your continued prayers. Once Erik completes a few more research trips, you may want to read his reports and, who knows, you may want to go to Senegal and help out. It would make you mi well tima and you may get a cool name like Momadou.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Dad. We hope to see you guys soon!!