Wednesday, March 5, 2008

KNOWING THE TRUTH

One thing that’s hard to believe is that I’ve been living in Africa for 2 months. If I ever wonder if it’s true, all I have to do is take a look out my window and … I’m in Africa!! Almost every time I’m watching a movie, right in the middle of it I will hear the call to prayer, a donkey braying, or any other random African noises and I tell myself, “Oh yeah, I’m in Africa!!”
I want to give you an update on my friend Bob, and thank you for your prayers for him. He is just one of the many over here that are blind to the truth. If you haven’t been keeping up with my blogs, I gave him a bible about 3 weeks ago. I try to hang out with this family at least once a week and the last time I was there Bob told me, “I read the whole bible and I didn’t see where it says that God is three.” My response was, “OK, that’s fine, so do you believe that the bible is true?” …. “Yes” … “So do you believe what is says about Jesus is true?”…. “What???”… “Do you believe that all those miracles? Do you believe Jesus died on the cross and came back to life three days later?” By his response and the look on his face I don’t think he ever read the Bible, but I don’t go there. We talked a little more about some of the miracles that Jesus did, and then he asked me, “Who killed Jesus?” Bob has asked me some good questions so I know he is searching for the truth, but it also seems that he wants to stay where he is.
We all know that you can’t change the truth. Some people here flat out reject it. Some of the people know the truth, but don’t want to believe because it means that they will have to change. Some people, like my friend Bob, have the truth within their reach but can’t take that first step and take hold of it. Sadly, there are many people here in Senegal that have never and might never get the chance to hear the truth. Pray for the truth and pray that the word of God and the word alone will convict these people. Pray that I remember that my job is not to make them believe; my only job is to present the truth and leave the rest up to Holy Spirit. Pray that the Fulakunda, West Africa, and the world will quit hiding from truth. Like I said earlier, you can’t hide from the truth for too long!
Hey, if you haven’t gone to www.gowestafrica.org you need to. You can find info on the Fulakunda, or about the many other people groups in West Africa. April 4th and 5th, there will be a big convention in South Carolina that tries to connect the many people in America with the many opportunities to serve the Lord over here in West Africa. Many times missions start because of events like this. Please keep it in your prayers.

No comments: